Monday, July 7, 2008

It's my first day

Hey, I'm Stephanie. I'm creating this blog so folks can learn a little more about Carlton ART Factory. My husband, Mike, sculpts and plays sax. I make pysanky and am a professional actor. You can see our work at carltonartfactory.etsy.com or www.pysankyjewels.com

We bought an old (1920s) house that had termite damage and a lot of problems. Mike tore out almost everything and has put in new floors (some of them slate and tile), new windows, torn out walls, etc. and has made us a great place to live and create art. He built a granite herb garden in the backyard. That's also where some of his bigger pieces hang out. Here's a little peek at it.




Mike creates wood, stone and mixed media sculpture. Here he is in action.

I've got to go mix up a bunch of dyes. I'm teaching a pysanky class tomorrow. So not much time to learn about blogging. But, it's a start. I'll be leaving posts about our art, our performances and maybe some of the adventures of the neighborhood or stories of our son who is living in Japan.....

No comments: