Wednesday, July 9, 2008

About Stephanie



I'm an actor, writer, pysanky artist, palmist. I've written a tongue-in-cheek salute to the poetry slam entitled, "Disgruntled Fumes". The character with the saw is Marva who recites her poetry while playing the musical saw. You can also see me in the upcoming film, "White Lightnin'". I play Birty Mae, Jesco's mom. Warning...the film is not for the weak stomached.

My writing partner, Lisa Mende, and I have an original two-woman show, "It Was Open Mic Nite At Ye Olde Rustic Inn". Pictured are the Scmeckle Sisters from said show. To see and hear the Schmeckles in action you can visit myspace.com/yeolderusticinne

I love making pysanky (Ukrainian eggs) and egg jewelry which I cut from goose egg shell. The folklore and symbolism involved in pysanky sucked me in and I haven't stopped making them since I started 14 years ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

I've visited your blog before. You have amazing decorations in your house.
We just had the annual NYC Musical Saw Festival (www.SawLady.com/musicalsawfestival.htm). I wish you would join us next year... If you are interested, please let me know and I'll put you on the list for invitations next year.

All the best,

Saw Lady